Pages

Tuesday 8 April 2014

BloTv Chats With Iyanya's artist Emma Nyra "You Can Expect A New Album This Year"

Hello Hello,

As usual I am always trying to provide BloTV readers and subscribers with interesting interviews and the latest news in the entertainment industry. Whilst doing my usual YouTube rounds I came across a fresh female talent from Nigeria who goes by the name of Emma Nyra.
Photo credit: EmmaNyra/ Instagram

After listening to a few of Emma Nyra’s songs I had to get an interview with her, I was interested in finding out who she was and what her music is about. The first thing I wanted to find out was how did she come up with her name “Emma Nyra”. She explained to me that Emma Nyra is a nick name she was given whilst at university.
If you listen or have listened to any of Emma Nyra’s music you can hear that she has a varied sound.  I asked her to describe her music in her own words, she said “My music is a fusion of Western culture as well as African elements. I grew up listening to Fela Kuti and King Sunny Ade mixed with Michael Jackson and Celine Dion. These artists have influenced my music in so many ways.”


She went on to say that we can expect an album from her this year with collaborations with artist from Nigeria, Ghana and South Africa. Interestingly my next question to her was which African artist haven’t you worked with that you would like to. Now her response to me was of no surprise, of course she would like to work with the ever so talent Starboy WizKid. Although she did also mention wanting to work with another artist who goes by the name of Chidinma.


If you follow the rising star on Instagram you may see that Miss Nyra appears to be quite the fashionable female. Like most women Emma loves to shop in fact she told me “any time and anywhere”. However it’s of no surprise the singer loves fashion and shopping, she comes from a fashion background. In fact her mum is actually a fashion designer and according to Emma her mum can sew very well. 



Photo credit: EmmaNyra/ Instagram
I brought you guys in on the scope about her music, fashion and shopping habits. However I think it is very important to also try and provide those of you reading this who want to go in to singing or Afrobeats with some advice from Miss Nyra.
“My advice would be to exercise patience. Study your target audience and perfect your craft. Nothing good comes easy and when God says it's your time no man can say other wise.”
In the next 5 years Emma Nyra sees herself working with more international artist, new projects and brand endorsements. We wish her all the best with her musical career, her last words for her fans are as follows.



“Blessup to all the fans especially the ones who are by my side through all adversity. I love you and I will continue to push myself to greater heights due to your unfailing support”



No comments:

Post a Comment