Pages

Monday 13 October 2014

Concert Diaries: Pharrell William's 'Dear Girl' Tour

Last Thursday I had the pleasure of attending Pharrell's 'Dear Girl' tour at The O2 Arena and I had an amazing time.



I think this was my favourite concerts of this year, not only did Pharell perform songs off his latest album 'G I R L' , but also some of his songs with N.E.R.D

A lot of people think that Pharrell is a new artist which he mentioned whilst on stage, however true Hip Hop/Pharell fans know that his career has spun over 10 years. 
One of my all time favourite Pharrell songs would be 'I just wanna love you' which he featured on in 2009. When he performed the chorus the levels of my excitement went through the roof. Although it was clear that a lot of the crowd weren't aware of what the song was, they jumped and shared in the excitement. This could be due to Pharrell's band and dancers who were very lively and energetic. It was almost as if the band and dancers were giving you a show also.

                                               Jay Z Feat Pharrell - I just wanna love you

During the interval Pharell's dancers 'The BAES' performed with backing music of songs that Pharell had featured/produced including Drop Like Its Hot by Snoop Dog, Blurred Lines By Robin Thicke and Can I Have It Like That? Feat Gwen Stafani.

Another highlight from the show was when Pharrell performed 'Frontin', I enjoyed this performance because Frontin is the song that solidified my interest Pharell's music. He performed it exactly the way he sang it when it was released it in 2003, high energy but smooth and controlled.


To close the show he performed his biggest hit to date, Happy, the song that automatically makes you smile. As he performed confetti flew in the air and his last words were along the lines of love life and be happy.

All in all I would rate the show very highly, great energy and great music. Pharrell showed the growth he's had in his career. Over the past decade Pharrell has brought out great hits and its nice to see him finally getting the credit he deserves.





No comments:

Post a Comment