Pages

Sunday 11 May 2014

BloTV Meets Burna Boy: "My Second Album Was Finished Before My First"

Hey Guys,

BloTV caught up with international recording artist Burna Boy, over the past year Burna Boy has been consistently bringing out hit after hit. He discussed with us his album, fashion influences, inspirations and long term goals.



Since the drop of his hit song  “Like To Party” his fame shot through the roof, we asked him about how he has handled the fame that has come along with his success.
I’m still the same Damini from Stadium Road, but I guess I’m just a bit more recognisable now when I walk down the street. I’m grateful to God for the success I’ve achieved but I assure you it hasn’t happened overnight as many people say, we’ve been grinding for a minute, trust me.
With fame comes fans and of course Burna Boy has fans in great numbers and these fans come in the form of thousands of females. There are several girls on Instagram and Twitter calling themselves “Burna Girls” and “Burna Wifeys”. We were interested in finding out how he handles all the love and attention he has received from these female fans without disappointing any.
[laughs]They are pretty much the ones who dig my music the most, they are the ones who scream at my shows and go crazy on Twitter and Instagram. All I can say is oshe and that I love them all.

As well as being an influential person in the Nigerian music scene, your fashion style is quite influential. Last summer everybody was wearing "Burna Boy sunglasses" who influences your style, do you have a stylist? 
I’m a fan of the old school. Biggie, Shaba Ranks, people like that. I dig what they did back then, so I’d say them.
What are essential fashion accessories guys and girls should have this year? Rings, scarfs,  headwear? 
I believe fashion is subjective. I think everyone should have his or her own sense of style. Wear what you feel comfy in and look good in it too of course.
After talking to Burna Boy about the 3f's (females, fame and fashion) we moved on to talking about his album “L.I.F.E” and his musical inspirations.
My biggest inspirations are those I put on my album cover, [laughs] take a look.  

L.I.F.E (Leaving Impact For Eternity) tell us a little bit about it. What was your favourite track? 
That’s tough, cos it kept changing over time during the recording process. I can’t pick one in particular, but I’ll probably say “Smooth Sailing” or the “Intro”
 Why was that your favourite song?
The intro, cos my Grandfather got to be a part of it. That was an emotional moment.

Burna Boy has been working on a few tracks with African music royalty D’Banj, they’ve so far released two songs which of course have received international success. We were keen to find out how the collaboration came about.
Man, Banga is my big brother. We hang out a lot. Literally it was just one of many crazy nights at his studio and DeeVee put on the beat and the rest is history. 

He also went on to say that this year we can expect more collaborations and new tracks closer to the summer.
Burna Boy ft D'banj video 

Burna Boy is still working on promoting the L.I.F.E album, but made us aware that his 2nd album is already finished!. He had finished the second album before the 1st album was even out. 
Burna Boy also said the 2nd album may be out by the end of the year, which is exciting!
It would be great to know who is featured on the 2nd album, imagine a Burna Boy collaboration with the likes of Wiz Kid, Davido and Ajebutter22. The track would be crazy, but of course Burna has said that he is keeping it a secret about who features on the 2nd album.
To end the interview Burna Boy had some last words for his fans 



I want the fans to know that Burna Boy loves them all and I thank you all for the support as I would be nowhere without any of you. God Bless you all immensely. I do this for y’all. 






No comments:

Post a Comment